Thursday, March 26, 2009

it's adding up

I called to my mom after buying a backpack and an S.O.L. (that's Survive Outdoors Longer...!) kit and extolled the virtues of blowing an entire paycheck on myself. I mean, most of my paychecks go to myself, unless I send my sister a postcard. But paying the bills is so lame compared to buying a gigantic backpack and all kinds of stuff to put in it.

And I thought it might be educational to add up my bills in public. Now you can be en/discouraged to do as I do. It's only...

$832.59 (tickets) (those are cheap, because I peace out of NYC)
$129 (totally sweet backpack)
$13 (nerdy neck pouch)
$10 (socks)
$18 (S.O.L. kit)
$75 (toiletries. subtract at least $20 for men)
$85 (guidebooks)
$200 (quality rain jacket. tentative)
$100 (waterproof pants. tentative)
$73 (Indian visa)
= 1535.59

And that, folks, is my tax refund. Note to future self: always make big purchases on or around April 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My trip to India & Southeast Asia.