Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Travel Document - Chennai 5/13/09

That's the title of the best email in my inbox, hands down. Last night, the tickets got bought around 11 pm with Meg on the phone (we're meeting up in London in August). Here are the highlights:

Me: Hold the phone--the options for a meal are Bland Soft (Veg), Bland Soft (Non Veg), Low Protein (Non Veg), Low Protein (Veg), Low Purine (Veg), Low Purine (Non Veg), Veg, Veg Lacto Ovo, and Jain.
Meg: Low Protein?!
(debate over whether or not I can get a Jain meal without being a Jain. I choose Non Lactose (Veg), another thoughtful option)
(Jet Airways times out)
(twice)
(I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Jet Airways is last year's Air India + Jet Airways, the two Indian airlines)
(head over to Orbitz)
(computer freezes)

1 hour and 44 minutes after calling the Meg/an residence, I hung up with tickets in hand. Well, almost. I have them in hand now, and let me tell you, they are even better on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My trip to India & Southeast Asia.