Thursday, April 16, 2009

another necessary purchase

This trip is already broadening my horizons. I have never bought myself a waterproof jacket before (I completely rock my "little" brother's ex-ski coat). Also, I never bought myself a camera before (thanks, Santa!). But the time has come. Camera #3 (if you count my AWESOME original Polaroid and the totally sweet party Polaroid with sticky pictures, which I do) bit the dust after being dropped and eating God's own portion of batteries. I just can't take it. Spending money on batteries is worse than spending money on soap. Because when I use soap, I don't feel bad that I'm using a lot of it, or that I'll have to buy more soon. I HAVE to shower. I don't HAVE to take pictures. And every time I zoom for like, ten seconds, and focus, and refocus, and plug in my camera to download pictures, I just think--there goes another bar of battery life! Oh, and don't talk to me about rechargeables. I'll smack you every time I have to wait more than thirty seconds for my camera to wake up and actually TAKE the picture I wanted it to take thirty seconds ago.
Oh, God. I just realized I'm one of THOSE bloggers. Don't you ever want to say--like, to the blogosphere entire--STOP. BITCHING. You're really not that funny.






Anyway, I'm buying a camera. Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My trip to India & Southeast Asia.