Wednesday, April 15, 2009

things i will miss

1. My fellow commuters. They dress like this. And I used to laugh at them, too, but today I got a cheery "Morning!" from a guy in neon green. Of course, this was as he and his thigh muscles were passing me. As if I were on a unicycle, and crippled. But no one says "good morning" on the bicycle commute. They say "On your left" as in "passing you on your left" and "%#^$ you" as in "you @#$$ing idiot, why are you driving in Boston?" and sometimes, if you're stuck at the Epic Traffic Light and you say, "Nice weather, huh?" they grunt. So basically, I got the spandex blessing.

2. Continuous television on Saturday. It's kind of a thing now, me renting Friends and forcing everyone who's in the house to watch it. Because it's due back Sunday, yo.

3. The Squeah. Know what, I live where I'd call "downtown" in all the other places I've lived. It's awesome. Everything closes after I go to bed. I know space is nice and trees are pretty, but man, do I feel cool when I walk to the subway and pass by three coffee shops. I guess if I'm going to other urban hubs in the Indian subcontinent, I'll get just as much life, but I'm starting to feel all settled here. I mean, I've tried all the French fries within a ten-minute T ride. This is HOME.

4. Cooking for myself. Oh, wait, no, I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My trip to India & Southeast Asia.