Friday, May 8, 2009

nueva jersey


I'm going to pretend my nomadism has already begun and I'm just a visitor here in my hometown. It's almost true. Ok, so pretend I'm an ugly American*:

My, the grass is really GREEN here. Like unnaturally so. How pleasant it is that people stand around outside and talk to each other. If I were a local, I might know who that really skinny man is who's walking up and down the street [I do: he's the really skinny man who walks up and down the street]. Ah, he's stopped the postman! What a nice town. That pizza place looks authentic [bet it's more authentic than you've ever had, kids!]. The video store looks weird. I bet the lady who works there is the town crank [she is]. Where do people go to hang out around here? My God, there are so many children! There's not even enough room on that playground for them! They're spilling over into the street! Holy mackerel! How did they fit so many kids in this town?! It's only what, a mile wide? [1 by 1.5, approx.] All those under-twelve's, and what's a girl got to do to get some ice cream around here? Drive?! Jeez-a-lou [local slang]. This town could use a big ol' ice cream store. Or maybe some people between the ages of 18 and 25.


*About the term "ugly American"--according to a vocal few, The Ugly American is actually about an unattractive American who went around doing nice things. So all you all have been misled.

1 comment:

  1. aaaaand.... she's off! hope you made it in one piece and that india is thus far treating you kindly :-D

    xo
    mad

    ReplyDelete

My trip to India & Southeast Asia.